touRRoir brought to you by Good Food Ireland® is a cross sector global business forum bringing together Food, Tourism and Culture to discuss how, through the inextricable link of these three sectors companies can grow business, local communities can flourish and destinations can ensure a more successful and sustainable economic future. The forum will take place in Gallway, Ireland on 23-24 April 2018.
The name “touRRoir“ is a portmanteau of the two words “tourism“ and “terroir“ . touRRoir18 is a Flagship Event – Galway, West of Ireland 2018 European Region of Gastronomy.
As the consumers’ quest for authenticity accelerates, never before has cross-sector collaboration been so essential. The new battle for trust in terms of product, service and experience (is your labeling and provenance truthful?), the increasing concern of the long term effects of technology disruption (Uber, Airbnb, VizEat etc) and the ability for business to adapt, as well as the fragile political social environment (Brexit amongst others) presents its own new challenges for business growth, policy formation, strategic thinking, infrastructure development and capital expenditure.
With Food Tourism and Culture now the leading hook in travel, this cross sector approach is the key to unlocking local indigenous economic and social dividends as well as securing a more sustainable and equitable future.
- In recognition of Galway and the West of Ireland’s status as the European Region of Gastronomy 2018, the touRRoir18 global forum is a flagship event for the Year of Gastronomy.
- If you work in the Tourism, Travel, Hotel, Restaurant or Hospitality Industryand want to learn why and how you can drive revenue growth through a cross sector, cross dependent action plan with one or all of these three sectors then you need to be at touRRoir.
- If you are in the Agri-food, Food or Drink Production Industry, how can you reach this rapidly evolving consumer that is searching for authenticity and trust? How can you truly communicate your story through your product, service or experience to meet this demanded customer assurance, for long term sustainable business growth?
- If you are involved atcommunity or regional level in local festivals, events or activities where the co-dependency of these three sectors is integral to economic sustainable success then you too need to be at touRRoir.
- If you are a policy maker, destination marketer, key influencer, strategic thinker or change agentyou will learn from practitioners of soft power attractiveness and the rewards of gastro diplomacy strategies.
- You will hear from world class practitioners and experts in a unique exchange of experiences, expertise & learning from both within and across all three of these sectors – Food, Tourism and Culture.
- On the eve of the Forum April 23rd we will host the touRRoir International Food Tourism Culture Hall of Fame Awards in the beautiful Aula Maximas, in NUIG. ThetouRRoir Hall of Fame is the only recognition for individuals, teams or destinations anywhere in the world whose vision, creativity and drive has had a positive and significant impact on the development of food, tourism and culture for the long term benefit of all stakeholders including consumers themselves.
An essential ingredient of touRRoir is audience interactivity, open debate and networking. Expect a lot of creative audience participation both in the room and via social media!
Watch the short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=48&v=Nr75vQP7UyE
Register here: http://www.tourroir.com/tickets-18/ and join us at the place “…where the worlds of food, tourism and culture meet …” !